TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Designation of Private Practice as Official Office
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Designation of Private Practice as Official Office Login/Join 
posted
Last Monday our courthouse flooded (second story hotwater heater busted and ran over a full weekend). Unfortunately, the damage repairs will involve an extensive asbestos abatement which will force the entire courthouse to shut down for approximately 60 days.

My commissioners have approached me to move the County Attorney Office to my private practice until we are back up and running.

I am aware of the '96 AG Opinion giving the ok to this kind of agreement, but I want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Do any of you have copies of resolutions authorizing this kind of set up? If not how about resolutions authorizing a private practice in the the courthouse itself? I've always kept everything totally seperate in order to avoid reimbursements, etc.

Thanks.

-Ty

Posts: 5 | Location: Colorado City, Texas | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ty - I know that Cheryl Mabry in Llano has done a lot of "i" dotting and "t" crossing in that area. You might give her a call. Stay dry!!

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post