TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    New Technology for Tracking D
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Technology for Tracking D Login/Join 
posted
On Saturday night, Ryan Barthel of Houston hit five parties, a taco shop and an IHOP during the annual South by Southwest Interactive media conference.

He may not remember the sequence of events after a long night of revelry, but the 30-year old Web designer's Twitter stream revealed his moves as he used the Foursquare app on his iPhone to check in and let his friends, and even strangers, know he was there.

Details.

[How long before this stuff ends up in court to prove the D or V's location? Anyone seen this in court yet?]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New condition of probation?

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it was Foursquare or the similar app that won the Interactive award or both, but I understand these new apps confirm your location before broadcasting it to your friends. I was thinking alibi-busting when I heard it.

Posts: 39 | Location: Travis | Registered: May 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post