TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Penal Code 43.24
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Penal Code 43.24 Login/Join 
posted
I am looking for the legislative history/intent on penal code 43.24 and so far have come up empty-handed. Anyone have anything concrete or can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: Canyon, Texas, USA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It appears to pre-date the 1973 Penal Code. You won't have much luck finding anything before that re-codification unless it was the topic of a law review article or something similar.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The annotations in Vernon's say it was codified in 1973 and then amended in 1993, but I can't find anything specific from 1993 on that particular section.

Posts: 2 | Location: Canyon, Texas, USA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You won't find anything useful in 1993. That was the year the Legislature re-codified the 1973 Penal Code in to the 1993 version that we use today. The entire code was re-codified, so there is no individual legislative history related to specific crimes. Nor is there any for the 1973 changes, for the same reason.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post