TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Heroes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heroes Login/Join 
posted
I was going through some old emails and ran across a quote from "The Practice" which I edited a bit... though you might find it interesting... I'm not really a fan of the show and the statements contained herein are not all true all of the time but I thought this was worth repeating...

HEROES

There are heroes in this world. They're called prosecutors. They don't get to have clients, people who smile at them at the end of the trial,
who look them in the eye and say, "thank you." Nobody is there to appreciate the prosecutor, because we work for the state. And our gratitude
comes only from knowing there's a tide out there. A tide the size of a tsunami coming out of a bottomless cesspool. A tide called crime, which, if left unchecked will rob every American of his freedom. A tide which strips individuals of the privilege of being able to to walk down a dark street or take twenty dollars out of an ATM machine without fear of being mugged. All Congress does is talk, but it's the prosecutor who grabs his or her sword, who digs into the trenches and fights the fight. Who dogs justice day, after day, after day without thanks, without so much as a simple pat on the back.
But we do it. We do it, we do it because we are the crusaders, the last frontier of American justice. Knowing that if a man cannot feel safe, he can never, never feel free.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, ya'll are heroes and we thank you for what you do for so little pay and thanks.

To read about some other heroes check the Dallas Morning News for the story on the shoot-out in Midlothian.

Two officers were shot while investigating a complaint. The officers tumbled down the stairs from the second floor. One of them waved away help from by-standers and EMS, refusing to allow them to be exposed to fire, even to assist him. An additional officer and a DPS trooper responded and exposed themselves to fire to help the first two. These officers were also shot. Additional DPS troopers responded and braved fire to pull the four officers to safety. I don't have the words to express the pride and respect I have for them. God bless them and those like them. There are too few.

Posts: 61 | Location: Palestine, Texas USA | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post