TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Help for TDCJ inmate's kids
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help for TDCJ inmate's kids Login/Join 
posted
Having prosecuted too many Defendants to remember over the last 12 years I am bothered and amazed that the State of Texas offers nothing for the children of Defendants who are sent to prison. I recently prosecuted a pedophile for molesting a TDCJ inmate's child while the inmate was incarcerated. I had tried this Defendant and he wrote me from prison asking for help when his 8 year old daughter told him about being molested and asked when he was coming home. That trial made me realize that we have a huge hole in our system. The families of Defendants suffer and often become criminals and/or victims because we literally ignore that they too are innocent secondary victims of the Defendant's actions. Any thoughts on how we can help these children??? How many of you have similar stories?

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post