TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    child testimonies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

child testimonies Login/Join 
posted
my two six year old children were raped by our babysitter of four years.He confessed to the police but is now pleading not guity.the report was made in March of 08 in Ohio.We relocated in May to Texas and have just been told they have to testify mid January.We do not have the funds to get there what can we do?Ohio attorney generals office has a reimbursement program but that wont help get us there.

Posts: 1 | Location: copperas cove | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call the D.A.'s Office that is prosecuting the babysitter, and ask if they have a victim-witness coordinator. If they do not, ask to speak to the prosecutor who is handling the case. Let him know what your problem is, and see what he can do.

If you are handed over to a victim witness coordinator, but she seems clueless, then ask to speak to the prosecutor handling the case. He might be more motivated to figure out a way for you to get back to Ohio with your kids. But my first attempt would be with the victim witness coordinator, since a good one will know immediately how to sort out your problem.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with that prosecutor. As best I can remember, every state I have ever worked with has tendered the $$$ upfront to the witness. That is what the interstate compact on witnesses or whatever you call it requires.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post