TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Necrophilia is against the law (and really gross!)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Necrophilia is against the law (and really gross!) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The image he projected was just too barbaric and uncouth but, as has ZZTop, he has had some interesting vehicles custom-built for his use. I'm sure that if I reach back, there is some of his music I actually enjoyed--just not much.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For this Texan, Alice is at the bottom of the heap of rock and roll bands upon the top of which sits the little old band from Tejas.

I wonder why AP and the Lesser Includeds don't play any ZZ?

Even the Rolling Stones think ZZ is one of the best bands around...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed, I believe I read somewhere that, when asked who his favorite guitar player was, none other than Jimi Hendrix replied that it was Billy Gibbons. I'm up for "Tush," (I know the chords ... all 3 of them) but I'll have to work on the slide.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't actually listened to Alice since I was 12. Except for when they play "School's Out" in the movie Dazed and Confused. My tastes have evolved. Plus, I don't have any need to shock my parents anymore.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, although musically underexposed in my formative years, I did learn chemistry from a man that played guitar on a ZZ top studio album. Larry Puckett.

The Lizard Man is innocent!

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dare we ask what kind of "chemistry" you learned from him ?

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
famoustexans.com says:

They soon opened on the Doors' Texas tour. After later opening for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Hendrix named Gibbons his favorite guitar player during an appearance on "The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson."

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stacey L. Brownlee:
Dare we ask what kind of "chemistry" you learned from him ?
Well, he taught AP Chem and I got in there somehow. Poor guy, he was sure I wouldn't get credit on the AP Test but I scraped my 3. I sure didn't learn much thermo or organic or electron spin. I think the other troublemakers and I did find every explosive or flammable combination that could be concocted in the lab. We also figured out how to trigger fire drills using the lab apple II computer.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
famoustexans.com says:

Dude, they don't have anything on Stevie Ray Vaughan. (Or at least I didn't see it.)

I mean, he's kind of famous, isn't he?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a stunning omission not to have SRV, Mr. Newell. Or Delbert, Marcia Ball, Don Henley, Joe Ely or so many more.

There is alot of work that needs to be done on that website.

posted Hide Post
In complete contrast to Alice and the rest, I was severely subdued and taken to the Dallas George Michael concert last night. He may have forgotten he is not 30 anymore--surely he has better ways to describe things than using the "F" bomber--but he did get the crowd going, and the light show/stage was neat. Even in the American Airlines Centre, bodies vibrated from the noise level. In the end, though, I still prefer Pat Benatar!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
George Michael must be a brit thing, John.

posted Hide Post
I went to college with a guy whose best friend's father owned a mortuary. The kid, from about 15 on, would position corpses in various sexual positions at night, as a "joke" on his dad. I thought this was bull until I met the kid, and he admitted it was true. He thought it was funny as hell.

The worst part of the story was that the guy also admitted that he masturbated after doing so.

He was never my friend.

Posts: 48 | Location: Seguin, TX, USA | Registered: June 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post