TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Voir Dire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Voir Dire Login/Join 
posted
I have my first aggravated sexual assault of a child trial coming up. Does anyone have any voir dire suggestions? Any help will be much appreciated.

Posts: 6 | Location: Castro County | Registered: March 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is D probation eligible?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will send some sample voir dires to you tomorrow. JB's question is good, as many if not most panels that are "lost" is due to the D being probation eligible. This is easily overcome. My former 1st Asst Fred Felcman of Fort Bend taught me the way to get past prob eligible D's in VD. Simply make sure the panel understands that prob eligibility only extends to them, at the VD stage, being ABLE to CONSIDER probation. Once they hear the first facts of the case, they may change that posture. It's not a commitment they will give probation.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, he is not probation eligible. Thanks again for all the good examples.

Posts: 6 | Location: Castro County | Registered: March 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope the sample vd's help. Trying an agg sex assault of a child case is one of the toughest cases a prosecutor can try. Locking up a child predator is priceless.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post