TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    It Finally Happened
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It Finally Happened Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 97 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, this highlights what I see happening in the profession. Attorneys take events in the courtroom highly personally. I have been fortunate to be surrounded by, mostly, professionals. However, there have been a few through the years that have personalized the fight for our clients.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To update this story, it appears that the discovery process may have lead to the shooting (and I am not making that up).

"SEATTLE - In the year and a half before he was shot and wounded outside his office, lawyer Kevin Jung's letters and court filings detailed his growing frustration with a rival attorney now accused of gunning him down.

Jung was maddened by William R. Joice's repeated failure to provide documents in a contract dispute, by Joice's spotty attendance at court hearings and by what Jung called the sloppiness of some documents Joice did provide. The letters, faxes and filings culminated last month, when Jung asked that Joice be found in contempt and fined $2,000. "

Full article at:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A27939-2004Nov5.html

Posts: 42 | Location: Decatur, TX | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post