TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Attorney General Opinion Request
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attorney General Opinion Request Login/Join 
posted
I have to draft a request for an attorney general opinion for my DA. Anyone have a successful example of a request and accompanying brief they could email to me? Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this a generic request or a request for an open records decision? Either way, we've got forms from some fairly contentious request scenarios. For what good they'll do, I'll be glad to send them to you if you'll shoot me an e-mail so I ensure that I have your correct address.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
General legal opinion, not open records. I sent you an email. Thanks!

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the attorney general web-site, they have a list of pending opinion requests. They scan in the request letters (many of which include full briefing), and they are posted in the Recent Opinion Requestsection.

They have quite a range of requests that can be used for an example.

I have not prepared one in the last couple of years, but you're welcome to it if you still need it.

Jeff Garon

Posts: 43 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: December 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post