TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Unlawfully Detained?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Unlawfully Detained? Login/Join 
posted
i had a dispute with my neighbor over a downed fence (due to hurricane ike in liberty, texas) that divides our property. she called the police and told them lies on me. they came around to my property and detained me on my property, forcing me to get my drivers license from my car so they could call me in for hits. they also threatened to arrest me for disorderly conduct. do they have the right to detain me on my property for a civil issue like this? please advise.

<Bob Cole>
posted
Welcome to the TDCAA Bulletin Boards. The discussions in these user forums are for the benefit of prosecutors and their staff members, although we welcome relevant and appropriate input from other members of the criminal justice and government lawyer community. These forums are NOT a source of legal advice for citizens. Call the State Bar of Texas (1-800-204-2222) for information on seeking legal advice.

Report This Post