TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Officer having sex on duty
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Officer having sex on duty Login/Join 
posted
Hypothetically speaking: If you have an officer who has sex with an alleged victim of (another) crime that he was responding to, then what would you charge the officer with? If I can prove the sex is not consensual, then I know I have a sexual assault. However, if the sex looks consensual, then can I prove official oppression? Also, could there be any possible federal charges? Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About a decade ago, I recall we had a case when I was in Fort Worth where a constable had sex while on duty. He was convicted of OO. (See case below) If your hypothetical victim was the victim of a serious crime, surely her judgment was clouded and she didn't really consent?

Hughbank v. S., 967-940 (2/98) (he was threatening to plant drugs if she did not acquiesce)

[This message was edited by John Stride on 04-28-06 at .]

[This message was edited by John Stride on 04-28-06 at .]

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post