TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Contraband in Crook's Bank Acct
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contraband in Crook's Bank Acct Login/Join 
posted
Have a theft case where a grandson and his girlfriend stole all of his Grandfather's rare coins, sold them, bought a new car and put remainder of money into their joint bank acct.We seized the vehicle and they have turned over the title but how do I get the money in the acct? The bank froze the acct. when they were notified of teh theft.Should I have filed on it as contraband within 30 days?

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The book is a great help. We recently seized funds from a bank account in an oil theft case.

Email me at sheatly@co.wilbarger.tx.us and I will fax or email you a copy of our search and seizure warrant.

Posts: 146 | Location: Vernon, Texas | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Basically--you're going to run a Chapter 59 warrant on the bank for the funds in the account. At that point in time, most banks will cut you a cashier's check for the amount in the account. You put that into your pending seizure account (interest bearing account). Your thirty days to file does not start until you run the seizure warrant at the bank.

Like Staley--shoot me an e-mail if you need forms or any assistance.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post