TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Hearsay in Pre-Trial Hearings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hearsay in Pre-Trial Hearings Login/Join 
posted
I know that hearsay is admissable in some pre-trial hearings. I cannot find an earlier discussion on this board about that, but I know I have seen one. Can anyone help?

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at Rules of Evidence Rules 101(d) and 104. I think you will find your answer there.

Posts: 24 | Location: Fairfield, Texas USA | Registered: February 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Granados 85 S.W.3d 217 (Tex.Crim.App. 2002) for a discussion on the rules of evidence and VanMeter 165 S.W.3d 68 (Tex.App. Dallas 2005) for when the defense claims Crawford would apply to the pretrial hearing (it does not).

Hope this helps.

Posts: 47 | Location: BASTROP, TEXAS, USA | Registered: January 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hearsay in Pre-Trial Hearings...It's a good thing! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post