TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    New Self-Defense Law
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Self-Defense Law Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone tried a case under the new Self-Defense law regarding use of deadly force (TPC 9.32)? If so, can you share tips on voir dire and any jury charge you may have?

Posts: 1 | Location: San Antonio, Texas, USA | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also am in need of these items as well, and would be very appreciative.

Thanks.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Page Simpson in the Tarrant Co CDA's Gang Unit just won one of those cases; try her.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finished a murder trial this week but the offense date was right before 9-1-07. We did deal with this section however. Are you referring to the "no retreat" or "criminal activity" part, both, or something else?

Posts: 1 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, I'm not sure "I shot him so he wouldn't pee on me" qualifies as self defense! ;-)

Posts: 64 | Location: Brazos County, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post