TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Open Records Request-Victim Impact Statement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Open Records Request-Victim Impact Statement Login/Join 
posted
I have received an open records request for an old file on a defendant we prosecuted. There is no exception to releasing most of the information in the file, however, the file does include a victim impact statement. My recollection is that the information is not releasable, but wanted to see if that was correct? Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Posts: 9 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
552.1325. Exception: Crime Victim Impact Statement

(a) In this section:
(1) "Crime victim" means a person who is a victim as defined by Article 56.32, Code of Criminal Procedure.
(2) "Victim impact statement" means a victim impact statement under Article 56.03, Code of Criminal Procedure.

(b) The following information that is held by a governmental body or filed with a court and that is contained in a victim impact statement or was submitted for purposes of preparing a victim impact statement is confidential:
(1) the name, social security number, address, and telephone number of a crime victim; and
(2) any other information the disclosure of which would identify or tend to identify the crime victim.

Posts: 60 | Location: Austin, TX US | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post