TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Forms help?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forms help? Login/Join 
posted
No one in my office has filed a bond forfeiture since before I started over two years ago. I would like to change that. So, if anyone has some forms, or any other helpful info, I can use to get started, please send me an email at rachellypatton@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance.
Rachel

Posts: 88 | Location: Rusk, Texas | Registered: January 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rachel: I sent you some forms for a certification of call, a judgment nisi, and an agreed settlement packet. Let me know if you don't receive them or you need anything additional. I think I have some examples of discovery and contested judgments somewhere for those really tough cases.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert,

Would you mind sending a set my way as well? I will be in the same situation as Rachel soon - supposed to start these sometime this year - and have no resources. No one here has done them, but they would like me to start. Email is lawschooldaze2003@yahoo.com

Thanks

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rachel and "Waco", I have sent some forms as well.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. No longer actually 'Waco' ~ just how I registered as an intern way back at the beginning of my law school 'daze'. Really appreciate the help - heading to baby prosecutor school next week.

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the forms, but I have a procedural question now.

When filing a nisi, should the clerks office automatically issue a capias?

I'm specifically referring to older cases where the Def FTA'd. Up until now our office regularly requested a capias and then indicted for fta, but never did the bond forfeiture. So assuming all this has occurred, I don't see a need to issue another capias at the time the nisi is filed. Correct me if I am wrong and confused (which is quite likely, as it has been a long week).

Thanks,
Rachel

Posts: 88 | Location: Rusk, Texas | Registered: January 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rachel Patton:
Thanks again for the forms, but I have a procedural question now.

When filing a nisi, should the clerks office automatically issue a capias?

I'm specifically referring to older cases where the Def FTA'd. Up until now our office regularly requested a capias and then indicted for fta, but never did the bond forfeiture. So assuming all this has occurred, I don't see a need to issue another capias at the time the nisi is filed. Correct me if I am wrong and confused (which is quite likely, as it has been a long week).

Thanks,
Rachel

Thats is correct. If the Court has previously issued a capias for the arrest of the Defendant (in conjunction with the certification of call), I will delete that section of the Judgment Nisi calling for the issuance of another capias.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post