TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    SEIZURE CONTRACTS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SEIZURE CONTRACTS Login/Join 
posted
I WAS WONDERING HOW OTHER COUNTIES SPLIT THEIR SEIZURE AND FORFEITURE MONIES WITH THEIR LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES. ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED. THANKS.

Posts: 3 | Location: Corsicana, Texas | Registered: May 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Smith County, as of last fall before I left the office the breakdown was as follows: DPS: anything under $3,000 goes to the DA; over $3K - 30% to the DA; $70 to the great black hole in Austin. The other local agenices recevie 80%, with 10% going to the DA, and 10% going to a fund in the county for drug and alcohol education. That is a required statute for the local agencies, but I can't recall where it is codified.

Posts: 59 | Location: Tyler, Texas | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a contract with all of the agencies that gives the seizing agency 70% and our office keeps 30% of forfeited funds.

Posts: 32 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: February 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something like a 70/30, with law enforcement keeping 70 of the cash and hardware, seemed pretty typical when we did some polling a few years ago.....

Posts: 273 | Registered: January 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post