TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Child Victim Evaluations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Child Victim Evaluations Login/Join 
posted
Where are the rules, if any, about law enforcement access to victims when investigating?

Can an investigator pick a child up from school and take her to a psychologist for an evaluation without the parent's permission and/or presence? I'm thinking no, I just don't know where to start looking--family code talks about the defendants, not victims.

What if a parent won't agree to allow the child to be evaluated?

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should have been more specific, my victim is 13 and the offender is also a juvenile--not a parent.

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is CPS involved in the investigation? If so look to Family Code �261.303.

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I know of yet, but I'm checking again to today with the investigator to see what has happened. The mom is not cooperating--her biological son allegedly sexually assualted her adopted daughter and mom says the daughter just wanted to talk about it, but doesn't want anything else to happen. If CPS doesn't know yet, they will by the end of the day.....

I don't know a lot of details yet, I think the outcry was very recent and I'm not even sure to whom it was made--the investigator was just trying to figure how to get this little girl to an expert because we basically have no evidence other than the first outcry.