TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Beware your boss
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware your boss Login/Join 
posted
For those of you who have teenagers entering the job market, might want to have them read this case as a warning about the world: click here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A Brooklyn Pie Co. just opened near me. Is their pizza any good? I'm generally a thin-slice guy (East Coast) as opposed to deep dish (Chicago).

(p.s. - yes, I'll avoid any beverages offered to me by the manager.)

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live 6 blocks from where the Brooklyn Pie CO. used to be - I loved their pizza. What a downer. There was much more than drinking going on - why did the guy get probation?

Posts: 48 | Location: Seguin, TX, USA | Registered: June 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ate there when they first opened. Excellent pizza. It is now under new management (imagine that), and not so good.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe there was something "special" in the pizza under the old management...

Posts: 69 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This case had a lot of very concerning testimony that may not all be totally apparent from the appellate opinion. At the end of that trial, after the jury found him guilty the defendant still wouldn't agree to any state rec because we wanted jail as a condition of any probation.

Ultimately the judge gave him 30 days as a condition and a whole mess of conditions, including therapy appropriate to the underlying facts.

I was really sweating the outcome of this case after I argued it because I couldn't really tell from the questions I was asked which way the court was heading.

Now that the appeal is done, and pending the resolution of any possible pdr request, I'll need to see about making sure he starts serving his sentence.

Posts: 79 | Location: Williamson County | Registered: August 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When mandate issues, be sure to have defendant appear in court for formal start of the probation. Too many times, offices forget that probation begins upon issuance of the mandate and never tell the probation department or the defendant. Setting it for court is a good, formal way to get it done and make sure defendant goes into jail.