TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Good opening line
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good opening line Login/Join 
posted
Jerry D. Brumbaugh appeals from the dismissal of his suit against the justices of the United States Supreme Court. Brumbaugh requested that the trial court declare certain Supreme Court rulings unconstitutional and restore civil liberties, stop or fix the drug war, outlaw all mind control technology, declare martial law unlawful, and collect $10,000 from each justice for dereliction of duty and fraud.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
outlaw all mind control technology

If they outlaw mind control technology, then only outlaws will have mind control technology!

Also, how can you argue with this statement:
quote:
He also complained that the enforcement of statutes punishing possession of marijuana impermissibly interfered with his constitutionally protected pursuit of happiness.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would argue that "Happiness" only appears in the Preamble not the actual Constitution.

Posts: 14 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: August 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happiness is located in the Declaration of Independence. We were into "more perfect union" "domestic tranquility" and "the blessings of liberty" when we passed the Constitution.

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just can't believe this was a memorandum opinion and not a published opinion. I mean, this gives clear guidance to all people on this type of case and establishes new precedent in a new area. What gives? Roll Eyes

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post