TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Pre-Trial Diversion/Intervention Contract
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre-Trial Diversion/Intervention Contract Login/Join 
<TCT AnCo>
posted
I'm starting up a Pre-Trial Diversion/Intervention program for misdemeanors in our county and thought I would ask if any of y'all have a contract that you already use that I could work from in putting ours together. If you do have one, can you send it to ttheilen (at) co(dot)anderson(dot)tx(dot)us?

Thanks a bunch!

btw, is there any difference between a pre-trial diversion and a pre-trial intervention? the words seem to be used interchangeably...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Although they go by many names, the only one mentioned in statute is a "pre-trial intervention" program in which a person is supervised by your local CSCD under Govt Code Sec. 76.011. Programs run in-house--often called pre-trial diversion, deferred prosecution, pocket probation, and the like--are unregulated by statute because they are simply an act of prosecutorial discretion and no money is collected.

Read the notes after CCP Art. 102.012 in your copy of TDCAA's Criminal Laws of Texas for background information on the two types of programs. You should also read the 2009 Legislative Note after Art. 55.01 while you're at it.

If you don't have that book, then you can call me at 512/474-2436 to (1) order the book and (2) talk about PTDs.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Denton County, they have had a pre-trial diversion program running for while now.

[This message was edited by John A. Stride on 05-12-10 at .]

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just emailed you some forms.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post