TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Munchausen by proxy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Munchausen by proxy Login/Join 
posted
Think i have a text book one forming. Has ayone ever done one?

Posts: 3 | Location: Athens, Texas US | Registered: January 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sara Spector did one in Waxahachie, but I think she's in Hondo now ("Sara" on the user forums). It was a pretty heartbreaking case and she did a terrific job on it. She may be able to help.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
From the July-Aug. 2008 issue of our Texas Prosecutor:

A horrific case of "medical child abuse"

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep I'm the Sara, referred to by Gretchen. (830)741-6187.

Posts: 131 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eric Mart in New Hampshire has published extensively on this topic and has testified in Texas.

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't want to call it munchausen by proxy. You need to call it medical child abuse.You will need a forensic pediatition to testify at trial to review all the medical records of the child. Is this a cps case or a criminal case?

Posts: 131 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Have investigator keeping record of everything. It is fascinating to me. Too early yet to move on it other than call CPS.

Posts: 3 | Location: Athens, Texas US | Registered: January 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post