TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Last chance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last chance Login/Join 
posted
The Basic Trail Skills course is under weigh. Tomorrow, John Bradley will traumatize yet another crop of new prosecutors with his "Predicates Bowl." If anyone has a last-minute pearl of practical wisdom to pass on to the next generation there is still time. Any advice for our new siblings?

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be sure to read your new edition of The Predicates Manual before showing up. Might be some new tricks up my sleeve.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll let them know...I don't suppose you want to drop any hints?

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Markus Kypreos>
posted
I just want to wish TDCAA's new law clerk, Kevin Landtroop, good luck today because apparently someone in this office convinced him to attend a lecture called the "Predicates Bowl." I also heard that someone convinced him to introduce himself to John Bradley before the "lecture."
I just hope he survives.

Actually, knowing Kevin, he will be more than fine. Just wish I could see his face this afternoon.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin acquitted himself well. As for the rest? Let's just say it was more of an Eastern Conference or NFC showing.

posted Hide Post
If you guys end up needing assistance in discussion group leading or other sorts of events, non-predicate bowl related, I'm willing to attend/assist at the next course in any sort of low key capacity. Just let me know.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, contact Lindsey Roberts at TDCAA or Richard Alpert at Tarrant County. There is a weekend course they will want you to take; other than that, a modicum of experience and a heart for training the next generation there are no further requirements.

posted Hide Post
Say, Markus, while you are offering condolences for Kevin, I guess you want to tell all of us whether you have attended a Predicate Bowl? Come on, girlie man.

[This message was edited by John Bradley on 01-12-05 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, I'm pretty sure Markus is just afraid of the sight of you in a referee outfit. He can handle the questions.

Posts: 115 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: November 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Markus Kypreos>
posted
Perhaps I deserve that call out. I also think when you call out someone though, you should at least get there name right.

It's MarkusSmile Thanks.

posted Hide Post
That's what I said. And, I understand the fear of the referee uniform. I have switched to long pants. There were consistent complaints in the evaluations about my legs.

<Markus Kypreos>
posted
For the record, I just want this board to know that it took John Bradley less than 2 minutes after I posted to edit his originial post with my correct name!

Also, noting the New Year's resolution, that's one post before 9 a.m. Only 4 posts left for the day, John. Richard, are you monitoring this?

posted Hide Post
Richard is in the meeting hall wiping out another 120 or so innocents using DWI case law as a deadly weapon.

posted Hide Post
JB's ability to morph posts will probably make Alpert's self appointed "Bradley resolution posting monitor" position all the more difficult...

So tell us Markus, how did the predicate bowl go?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Markus Kypreos>
posted
Well, as you know, I was not there. I attended the Predicates Bowl once when Betty Arvin tricked me in a simialar way, but to John's dismay, he didn't call on me and luckily I escaped. I know how much he wishes he could have that day over again.

As for Kevin, I heard it went down like this. John Brown passed John Bradley a note during the Presicates Bowl and John said something to the extent of "TDCAA has a new law clerk named Kevin. Where is Kevin?" and then he made Kevin attempt to admit a gun into evidence. I have been told he handled himself well, so good for Kevin.

posted Hide Post
Alot of people have devoted significant amounts of time to trying to figure out when Barry Bonds will hit number 756, the theory being that if they can be at the right place at the right time to catch the homerun ball, they can sell it for a fortune. I know exactly where I'll be February 16, 2005 at 2 p.m., right in front of my computer so I can be the first one to read John's 2000th post. And promptly post it for sale on E-Bay.

[This message was edited by Eric C. Carcerano on 01-12-05 at .]

Posts: 119 | Location: Chambers County Texas | Registered: March 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I perceive that John will make post #1999 on February 14, just before supper. Then, he'll hold out, especially knowing that Eric is waiting to pounce. But I know what to do: sign up under an alias and make a stupid comment (more stupid than normal, that is) and do it with only my initials and no other personal information. John will have to respond, and that will be #2000 -- the Big One, the whole quesadilla, Nirvana.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a pool is in order with the winner making a donation (supplied by the losers) to a policeman's benevolence fund or some such. The only problem is, as AP points out, JB has total control of the outcome...