TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Baby in trash- need help with death
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baby in trash- need help with death Login/Join 
posted
Need to talk to somone who has tried a case where the mother has a baby and disposes of the child in trash. No drug abuse. Lungs floated so baby did breathe. No problems with birth defects and no obvious causes of death. ME thinks she was suffocated or perhaps drowned.Mom claims child just stopped breathing. Not her first child and can show she found out she was pregnant 2 days before and asked for an abortion.She is obese so apparently no one knew she was having the baby in the bathroom. I need to be able to prove that the baby would have been able to survive had it been properly cared for and/or delivered at the hospital. Mom is not a rocket scientist but did not want her best friend to know that the baby was her best friend's boyfriend's child.Please let me know who you used as an expert. Figured a good OB/GYN could help????? I suspect she intentionally killed the baby but want to meet all possible defenses.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call Bill Turner, the Brazos County DA (he had one), and Marie Munier, Harris County trial chief (they have had a bunch)....

Posts: 273 | Registered: January 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a similar case, although my baby appeared to have suffered a blow to the liver. Your ME should be able to answer all your questions about the child's viability, but a pediatrician or OB-GYN should also be able to say that. Or a neonatologist, is it's a preemie. In my case, the defense was that because the defendant had been diagnosed with clamydia when she found out she was pregnant, she developed an infection that affected the fetus and cause this liver damage. The defense actually found a former ME who was willing to testify to this, even though a much more qulaified ME who actually did the autopsy and another one who reviewed the autopsy and the microscopic slides disagreed and said it was blunt force trauma to the liver.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact David Montague or Jay Lapham here in Tarrant County...817.884.1400

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post