TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    SFSB & Dash Cam Footage Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFSB & Dash Cam Footage Needed Login/Join 
posted
Hello all, my name is Nigel Lowrie and I work for Sherry Matthews Advocacy Marketing in Austin. We have been working with the Texas Department of Transportation for the past ten years by creating and executing many of their public information and education campaigns. From Drink Drive Go to Jail and Click or Ticket to our annual holiday impaired driving campaign we perform a lot of work with alcohol related programs in the state of Texas.

We are currently working on this year's Drink Drive Go to Jail campaign set to launch August 20th. A large part of this year's effort will involve video footage from Texas law enforcement dash cameras, most of which will be field sobriety tests. We need your help in collecting and compiling footage for use in the campaign. If you have video clips of field sobriety tests and arrests from an adjudicated case that we can use as part of the campaign, please forward a digital copy or contact me at nigell@sherrymatthews.com or 512.478.4397. We will take care of blurring faces and license plate numbers.

Thanks again for your help and we look forward to working with each of you.

Nigel Lowrie
nigell@sherrymatthews.com
www.sherrymatthews.com

Posts: 2 | Location: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The folks at Sherry Matthews have made some outstanding materials over the years. Many of you may remember "Jackie's Story" about a lovely girl that was badly burned in an impaired driving crash here in Austin. They also have produced most of the Texas DWI spots you have seen over the years.

I don't want to send them the stuff you send me without you being involved.

Please make sure the videos are from adjudicated cases. Make sure the defendants were convicted or pled out. You might even want to make the release of the footage part of a plea agreement. Let your officers know you are sending the video on.

The defense bar has no problem painting a lopsided view in the public. Sherry Matthews and the very professional folks there do cautious and serious work. I would love for everyone to help them out. Be careful you do it right!

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just one last check to see if there is someone with footage we can use in the Drink. Drive Go to Jail campaign. Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post