TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    TEEX Funding Cut
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TEEX Funding Cut Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone else heard about TxDot cutting funding for TEEX training programs for the SFSTs and other traffic programs this fiscal year? Whats going on? Rumors are flying here.

D

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received a copy of the letter from TEEX this morning. Effective 1 Oct 2004 TEEX will no longer fund their training programs. If anyone wants a copy of the letter from Tom Sheehan the Division Head, let me know and I can e-mail it to you.

Posts: 7 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Federal Government allocates monies to the states in the form of grants for impaired driving programs. In Texas, if you want to apply for the grant money you must apply to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). Texas A&M University (TEEX) has been the recipient of grant monies for numerous programs (including SFST) during the last 17 years.

The fact that TEEX will no longer be the recipient of these grant monies does not mean the death of the SFST program. I suspect that the grant has been awarded to another agency and would
anticipate an announcement in the coming weeks or months.

As an example, TEEX lost the DRE program to Sam Houston State University last October. I hope this dispels some of the rumors.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post