TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    direct filing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

direct filing Login/Join 
posted
If your county has a direct filing system, will you please send me an e-mail with a brief explanation of how it works and how your office staffs intake? Thanks.

jmccown@wilco.org

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jana, that begs a few questions. Are you in favor of direct filing? If you are, is it in your capacity as a prosecutor, attorney at law, law abiding citizen of Williamson County, or as an official representative of District Attorney JB? Wink

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi John R.

Although I'm not sure what difference it makes, here are the answers. Yes, I am in favor of a direct filing system. I was hoping to learn from a variety of different counties how their system works.

As far as my capacity, I think I would be safest in making the official disclaimer that all comments reflect the views of the author and should not be presumed to be the views of anyone else in Williamson County. And I never presume to speak for my boss, unless he tells me directly what to say! Wink

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post