TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Quote of the Week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Week Login/Join 
posted
"Anytime a child molester doesn't walk out of court at the end of the trial, it's a win."

This quote came to me this week via email from a very dedicated and very experienced Travis County Child Abuse prosecutor after a particularly frustrating trial I had this week that I discussed with her. I appreciate her efforts to keep child molesters off of our streets, and in assisting other prosecutors like me in doing so.

I plan to lobby our TDCAA leadership to award this person the Prosecutor of the Year award in 2008.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I double checked the original information, I found that I actually paraphrased the quote below in the post above, but this below is actually the quote:

"Any time you walk out of the courtroom and the
child molester doesn't, it's a win."

In my haste to report what I know are encouraging words, I paraphrased. The author of the quote only said thanks, so I apologize to the author for this misquote, and for not calling me out on my misquote.

The translation is the same. The context of the quote is regarding getting less in a trial than you wanted on a child molestation case.

My continual admiration and thanks go to those men and women who prosecute these cases. You make the world a better and safer place for the children.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post