TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    I shouldn't have said that...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I shouldn't have said that... Login/Join 
posted
"Shortly before a Toronto jury left the courtroom to start deliberations at Prinze Wilson’s cocaine-trafficking trial last spring, Madam Justice Faye McWatt of the Ontario Superior Court stressed the need to respect his presumption of innocence.

'It is only defeated if, and when, Crown counsel has satisfied you beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Guilty - I'm sorry, that Mr. Wilson - is guilty of the crime charged,' Judge McWatt said."
The rest of the article

Anyone else have some good examples of slips of the tongue or diarrhea of the mouth in court? Smile

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Counsel for a respondent parent in a CPS case said the other day, "We have no case, your honor," when she meant that they had no additional evidence to present.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But let's just say I'll never explain Trejo v. State ever again.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndreaW:
... or diarrhea of the mouth ...

I think the term you are looking for is "logorrhea"

Wink

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New word of the day for me, thanks!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually is accompained by constipation of the brain...... at least in my case.....

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post