TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Let's Make a Deal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Make a Deal Login/Join 
posted
In our jurisdiction we have a fair number of money and/or vehicle forfeitures under Chapter 59 of the CCP. I really have loved sending out huge packets of Interrogatories, Requests for Production and Admissions to Defense attorneys who quickly call wanting to make a deal to split the proceeds or better yet the State can keep the money just don't charge my poor little carrier with money laundrying.I would like to try one of these money laundrying cases. If you have tried many of these cases in State Court please tell me what you think. The case I have right now is $20,000 in currency but no drugs. Dog alerted on wrapped money which was well hidden in console.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As part of the AG's money laundering task force, I prosecuted dozens of these cases, and took two to trial. Both guilty verdicts, both prison sentences, both on appeal. You can reach me at 512-463-3088 and we can discuss them.

Posts: 97 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On almost all of our cases, we didn't have drugs. We make our cases with other circumstantial evidence.

Posts: 97 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We tried two money laundering defendants about two years ago. Kind of the same circumstance...they had $90K in a large duffel bag hidden in the trunk, no drugs, but the dog hit on the bag. Both were convicted, one received TDC time and the other received probation from the juries. Both are on appeal. If you want to contact me at 972-548-3635 I will give you more information about the cases.

Posts: 62 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were any of your cases subjected to Kelly challenges of the Dog's qualifications, his handler and his trainer?

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In our two trials, we had one dog, with no challenge. In the non-K-9 case, we had drug wipes and an investigator, plus a decent amount of criminal history with drugs.