TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Mark W. Stevens' letter to the Texas Bar Journal.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark W. Stevens' letter to the Texas Bar Journal. Login/Join 
posted
Have any of you read Mark Stevens' letter to the editor of the Bar Journal this month ranting over the impact of the new sex offender laws upon the "due process" rights of child molestors; and chastising our own beloved JB? Good grief! What a tantrum!

It's amusing to me that some people have so much spare time on their hands as to allow them to publically champion the interests of perverts and pedophiles who prey upon and sexually traumatize innocent children.

Hey Mark, how about a little concern for the "due process" rights of the little kids that some of these scumbags exploit for their own selfish sexual gratification?

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he doesn't like JB and what JB says in that article, he really won't like the jurors in the county where I prosecute.

Like Andrea W. said in another thread, Mark, how many sex offenders on parole can we sign up to live with you (and your wife and family)? I suspect the answer would be none.

I occasionally read (and always regret reading) some of the defense blogs out there. Funny thing is, once a defense attorney or a member of his family are victimized by crime, well, they usually want the max punishment.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark Stevens is the one I had to fight against on appeal of a sex offender. He took it all the way to the US S Ct, but cert was denied. I wonder if he has any young daughters and would allow this offender in his home.

Posts: 419 | Location: Abilene, TX USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post