TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Cowboys v. Redskins
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cowboys v. Redskins Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I know the Pats own all these amazing records and are out of control unstoppable. While impressive, Cowboys pride dictates we must remain steadfast and positive in our playoff outlook. Somebody needs to kidnap Jessica and keep her away from Texas Stadium in two weeks!

I think I let A.P. know too much about the Oilers being gone. Kinda like telling a kid that there is no santa. Sorry A.P.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken Stabler, Dan Pastorini, Kenny Burroughs, Earl Campbell, Billy White Shoes Johnson, the ancient kicker who wouldn't quit, the Astrodome, Sid Gillman, Bum Phillips...and the worst fight song in sports history -- all g-g-g-gone.

We've got the offense; we've got the defense;
We give the other team no hope.
'Cause we're the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers,
You know we're gonna hold the rope.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They promised to kick down the door. And broke our hearts.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nonetheless JB, Bum and his crew meant every word they said that night in the Domed Stadium, more than 25 years ago, even if it was not to be. What an emotional night! Never was the Dome filled with such spirit.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[melancholy sigh]

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget Houston's best quarterback-- Warren Moon. (All former Fort Bend's finest just gringed a little bit).

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Brumley and other Tech alumns "how about those Red Raiders?" I wonder why those West Texas types feel it is fun for their fans to languish for three quarters then go mad for one. Ah well, Go, Fight, Win.

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wes Welker . . . former Red Raider.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So is Sammy Morris (RB currently on IR).

That is our lot in bowls. Watch the other ones turn into blowouts and our own become nail biters. At least the last two years wound up as Ws.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry.

[in tiniest and most unassuming voice] can we all root for the pats now?

<Bob Cole>
posted
Gotta stick with LaDanian Tomlinson. He's the only Horned Frog left in the playoffs.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really want Jason Garrett as my head coach. He has obviously proven himself as one of the greatest coordinators in football history. His play calling in big situations is unparalleled. I mean he has been a coordinator forever. I want him as my head coach immediately...

Of course, Sparano, just was named the Dolphins head coach and his offensive line couldn't even come close to stopping the G-Men, so what do I know.

BTW, I am not bitter.

Posts: 69 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Cole:
Gotta stick with LaDanian Tomlinson. He's the only Horned Frog left in the playoffs.

Fair enough, sir. He is certainly a gifted athelete.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
sorry.

[in tiniest and most unassuming voice] can we all root for the pats now?

Puh-leeze. Rooting against the Green Bay Favres* is un-American at this stage of the season. Should they play Coach Beli-cheat's Patriots in the Super Bowl, the boys from Beantown will be decided underdogs among the viewing public (though not among the cold-hearted bean-counting odds-makers of Las Vegas).

*-when the NFL determines that your #4 team jersey is the top-selling football jersey OF ALL TIME, it's only fitting that the team be named after you.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Puh-leeze. Rooting against the Green Bay Favres* is un-American at this stage of the season.

C'mon, the Pats are as American as the death penalty.

P.S.-I'm pretty sure there's a law in Wisconsin that makes it an offense to drive without at least one person wearing a Favre jersey in the car.

posted Hide Post
Every story needs an antagonist. Go Pats!

Posts: 69 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... but ... what about Brett Fah-vray?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's like you're dreaming of Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie-time baby.

posted Hide Post
Favre and the Packers will eat the Patriots alive.

Posts: 62 | Registered: March 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boy, Shannon, you weren't kidding.

Father arrested for taping Packers jersey onto son

Associated Press

PORTAGE, Wis. � Upset that his 7-year-old son wouldn't wear a Green Bay Packers jersey during the team's playoff victory Saturday, a man restrained the boy for an hour with tape and taped the jersey onto him.

Mathew Kowald was cited for disorderly conduct in connection with the incident with his son at their home in Pardeeville, Lt. Wayne Smith of the Columbia County Sheriff's Department said. Pardeeville is about 30 miles north of Madison.

The 36-year-old Kowald was arrested Monday after his wife told authorities about the incident. Kowald was taken to the county jail and held until Wednesday, when he pleaded no contest, paid a fine of $186 and was released.

Kowald's wife filed a restraining order Wednesday, so Kowald will not be able to have contact with his family, Smith said. Smith said other domestic issues have surfaced, though he wouldn't elaborate.

The boy refused to wear the jersey Saturday, when the Packers beat the Seattle Seahawks in a playoff game, Smith said. Smith said the incident sounded strange when reported at first, but the mother took pictures with her cell phone and that type of evidence is difficult to dispute.