TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    How the other half lives
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How the other half lives Login/Join 
posted
Deposition fun with Jamail and friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e12sqYYLJxA

Smile

Posts: 31 | Location: Sugar Land, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good explanation why further development of reciprocal discovery and depositions would lead to the end of criminal law. Also, a good reason why many of us wouldn't be lawyers if we had to work in the civil arena.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And depositions help how?

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I asked a law school friend of mine who is now a well known felony prosecutor for a large DA's office why she had voluntarily left her lucrative position with a boutique personal injury firm after less than a year to take a triple cut in pay to be a prosecutor. She told me: "Janette, you know the word "civil" in civil law--it's not true." She couldn't stand the back-stabbing and nasty tactics of the personal injury field and opted to try murderers instead.

Janette Ansolabehere

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post