TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    INS=ICE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

INS=ICE Login/Join 
posted
Some time ago I started a discussion concerning "TDC". In that tradition, I want to solicit input about a change which occurred on Saturday. We have had a practice of referring to a prisoner who was likely subject to deportation as having an "INS hold". I presume you may have done the same. Well, the INS is no more. After considerable research, I believe the correct reference will now be to an "ICE hold" or to avoid giving one a chill, perhaps you could say a "BICE hold". This acronym stands for the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which is part of the Directorate of Border and Transportation Security, which is part of the Department of Homeland Security. It should not be confused with the BCIS (Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services) nor the CBP (Bureau of Customs and Border Protection, another offspring of the INS). While it would be technically correct, I would not recommend "DHS hold", since some of us might think the Texas Department of Human Services was involved. Cool

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post