TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    These are hard cases
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

These are hard cases Login/Join 
posted
Earlier this week, Ms. Hampton, 25, and Mr. Mabry, 26, both pleaded guilty to causing the injuries that killed Tyreona. Instead of prison sentences, the plea agreement called for Ms. Hampton and Mr. Mabry - who were both initially charged with capital murder - to receive probation.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For one view of the sentence, read this opinion.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't say that I've ever been happy with the results when a special prosecutor has been brought in. I'm not trying to slam the process or anyone who has ever been in that role, I'm just talking about my personal experiences over 29 years. Maybe it's the lack of direct accountability (no boss or voters to answer to and no effect on one's career), but that's just a guess.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post