TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    To Jessica
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To Jessica Login/Join 
posted
When you were born, did those who gazed lovingly upon you, who held you and kissed your cheeks, who marveled at the innocence and frailty of a brand new life, a new addition to the human race, think about what would be your future? Did those who cared for you, nurtured you, spent sleepless hours to supply your needs and thought you to be the perfect child, heaven-sent and more beautiful than any other of God's creatures, imagine that you would one day become homecoming queen, an advocate for disabled veterans, a college professor, president or perhaps a medical missionary, devoting your life to helping starving people in a foreign land?
As you grew from a toddler into a little girl with bright eyes and a glowing smile, did those around you sense that you were perhaps destined to be one who would bring hope and happiness into a world wracked with violence and tragedy?
I wonder, if when you asked your grandmother to pray with you at bedtime that Wednesday night in February 2005, you anticipated waking up to a Thursday morning filled with plans for enjoying the new day with your friends and family.

But you went to sleep an innocent little girl and woke up as prey for a vile, wicked monster in human form.

You were guilty of nothing, had not lived long enough to bring any cause for spiteful act or retribution against yourself. You were only a child, exposed to the violent desires of one who had already proved himself to be unworthy to breathe free air. But his rights to pursue his passions seem to have been put above your rights to live and grow and become Jessica Lunsford, with all the potential that growing into adulthood provided.

Jessica, I'm sorry that you were not protected from that wicked man. To the babies who are being born even at this moment -- I am sorry that some of you will become victims of violence, perpetrated against you only because you are going to become young children.

To the law enforcement officials and prosecutors who will take Jessica's case and speak in her behalf, may God grant you wisdom and success in pursuing justice. And to the ones who will champion the cause of Jessica's killer, may you be brought to defeat in your attempts to make liars out of truth-bearing witnesses, putting blame on the victim, covering up the guilt-proving facts and attempting to excuse and mitigate the guilt of that wicked one.

As her father said, Jessica is home now; her suffering is over. Would to God that through her loss, potential victims and innocent, law-abiding citizens could finally be protected as intensely from violent law-breakers as are those corrupt purveyors of evil shielded from the light and rod of justice.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that I could not improve upon A.P.'s words dedicated towards Jessica, and would like to dedicate them to a very nice man, Mr. Mubarek Ali Virani, or Ali as he was locally known, in the town of Richmond where I work, who was brutally, senselessly and monsterously murdered last night as he worked at the local Exxon station where I have bought my gas and the occasional grocery item for many years.

In this life, we often meet others who have extremely different origins, experiences, upbringing, religious beliefs, etc., yet the commonality of the human experience lets us know that really we are all the same. We share the same desires for our children...a happy, successful and carefree life, better than our own perhaps in some way, and we work hard to make their life better.

I was always impressed with Ali's big heart, something you don't see enough of in our modern, fast-paced world where it is easier for many to ignore the distasteful things they see and just keep moving.

I'll miss my friends smile, and his kind words that were spoken from the heart. As a longtime career prosecutor, former police officer, and son of a criminal defense attorney, I've seen and heard alot of tragic stories in my years on this planet. But it is times like these, when a truly stellar human being is stolen from us by some monsterous piece of garbage, that I am truly at a loss for words.

Rest in peace, Ali.

HOUSTON -- The search continues for two suspects who shot a store clerk execution style.

If you recognize the suspects, call Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS.
The victim's family said he came to this country for the American dream. But Tuesday night his life ended when he was gunned down while working at a convenience store near Richmond on Highway 90 and Pitts.

Surveillance cameras caught the whole crime on tape. Investigators have released the video they want the public to see. Two people suddenly turned violent after walking into a convenience store around 8 p.m.

"Their demeanor, they appeared very nonchalant in their activities. They entered as a normal customer, meandered through the store for a very short amount of time, approached the clerk, initiated what appears to be some type of confrontation," said Lt. Jim Pokluda, Fort Bend County Sheriff's Department.

The suspects allegedly headed toward a counter where chicken was sold and said they didn't want chicken, they wanted all of the money.

The clerk behind the chicken counter told them he didn't know how to open the cash register. "I say 'I cannot open. I do not know how to open,'" said Taher Contractor.

The suspects told Contractor that if he couldn't open the register, they would kill him. They fired several shots toward Contractor, but he managed to escape without injury.

Both suspects were caught on surveillance cameras.
"They shoot me five time in my leg, five time in my leg. Boom, boom, boom, boom," said Contractor.

The video shows the store clerk trying to grab the weapon from across the counter.

The suspects then ordered the victim to open the cash register. When he told them he didn't know how, they shot him in the head and in the stomach.

"I say 'Ali, Ali, wake up, wake up'," said Contractor.

Life Flight took the victim, 42-year-old Mubarak Ali Virani, to Memorial Hermann Hospital, but doctors couldn't save him.

"He was shot and it appears clearly that they were aiming to shoot our witness as well," Lt. Pokluda said. But investigators believe a jammed gun spared the witness' life. That witness immediately called 911 after the suspects left the store.

Mubarak Ali Virani, a 42-year-old native of India, brought his wife and daughter to America nearly five years ago.

Operator: Somebody shot somebody then?
Caller: Yes.
Operator: So, somebody's wounded?
Caller: (inaudible)
Operator: Were you robbed?
Caller: Yes. (Inaudible)
Operator: Ok. Do I need to send EMS?
Caller: Yes. I would send them.
Operator: I want to confirm somebody was shot?
Caller: Yes ma'am.
Operator: Yes.

Virani, a native of India, brought his wife and 14-year-old daughter to America nearly five years ago. "For a better life and a better education for his daughter. And he
had very big aspirations for his daughter," said Shafeeq Khimani, family member. "All their dreams are shattered now."

"He's touched a lot of lives. He really has. He's a good man," a customer said.

Customers brought flowers and cards, creating a makeshift memorial in honor of the slain store clerk who many consider a friend.

"They didn't have money for gasoline, he would offer them, 'Ok, you know, get some gas, but promise me you'll be back within the hour and pay me back'," said Al, a customer. "And then Ali would tell me, 'You know, Al, they never showed up so I got to get it out of my own pocket.' And I said, 'Ali, I'll help you.' He said, 'No, no. I'll take care of it.' That's the kind of heart he had."

As funeral services are being planned for Mr. Virani, the search continues for the suspects now wanted for capital murder.

The male suspect has braided short hair and is approximately 6 feet tall. He was wearing a black leather jacket and white wind pants with a black stripe down the sides and tennis shoes.

Taher Contractor said the suspects fired several shots at him, but missed.
The female suspect was described as a heavy-set woman with curly shoulder length hair. She's approximately 5 feet 6 inches. She was wearing a baby blue jersey with white lettering that had a number 15 and the name Hardaway on the back and baby blue pants with white tennis shoes.

If you can help with the investigation into this deadly store clerk shooting call Fort Bend Crime Stoppers at 281-342-TIPS. Callers don't have to give their name.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post