TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Research request
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Research request Login/Join 
posted
My boss, Patricia Lykos, has been asked to write a paper and speak on the topic "Innovative Approaches to Prosecution from Around the State" for the State Bar's Advanced Criminal Law Seminar in July. She has asked me to gather information from other prosecutors' offices that she can highlight in her paper and/or speech.

To be clear, her paper is intended to be a positive discussion of good ideas that your offices wish to share with the prosecutorial community. At this early stage in the process, it appears that she will be surveying (a) various diversion programs across the state, (b) the use of specialty dockets to address mental health and other special-needs defendants, (c) the use of civil injunctions and other initiatives to deter crime in specific locations, and (d) the use of and approaches to post-conviction review by prosecutors. Any other innovations are welcome as well.

Please send your responses to me at durfee_scott@dao.hctx.net and I will pass them on to her. Thanks!

Posts: 23 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post