TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Nude Environmental Crime
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nude Environmental Crime Login/Join 
posted
Why isn't a prosecutor doing something about this????

Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano a Big Polluter
May 16, 2005 5:33 PM EDT
VOLCANO, Hawaii - Kilauea volcano, one of Hawaii's most popular tourist attractions, is also by far the state's worst air polluter. Researchers now are trying to determine if that also makes it one of the state's biggest health risks.

Since it began erupting on Jan. 3, 1983, the volcano has been sending an average of 1,000 metric tons of sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere each day, according to the Hawaii chapter of the American Lung Association.

This is 6,000 times the amount emitted by a major industrial polluter on the mainland, making Kilauea the nation's top producer of sulfur dioxide.

[This message was edited by John Bradley on 05-17-05 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who would you name in the indictment as the defendant? Did Tom DeLay ever travel there?

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking on behalf of the West Virginia Banjo Enthusiasts Association, and the silent majority of viewers who routinely peruse this forum, I note with great regret the use of the word "nude" in the subject line of this posting. This is clearly a flagrant example of puffery. Deceptive advertising of this sort is to be roundly condemned. We have serious work to do, such as monitoring illicit bump-and-grind routines by high school cheerleaders, and this type of deceit diverts precious resources from such pursuits.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right, Scott, and I was busy monitoring the number of posts per day that John was logging to keep tabs on his resolution, like you and Greg appointed me to do. Then, JB snatches my attention and focus away from that important job with his bogus title-teasing.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like seeing the words "nude" and "banjo" in the same thread. Gives me the creeps.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On behalf of the South Dakota Ukelele Enthusiasts Association (and a big "Aloha" to our West Virginia stringed-instrument playing brethren), I, too, would like to protest the misleading and inappropriate use of "nude."

We, the members of So-DUE have worked hard to make sure the spirit of Hawaii remains a wholesome one, yet Mr. Bradley seems to be trying to muckety-muck-muck up that image. Shame on him! Leave your titillating titular to Las Vegas advertisements. But don't mess with the volcanos!

I hope, Mr. Bradley, that I won't have to resort to making contact with my associates at the Group of Accordian Guilds (GAG). GAG has been known to be quite "persuasive" in getting people to change their minds about engaging certain "undesirable" behaviors. For instant, rumor has it that members of their New York chapter once arrived, instruments in tow, at an errant librarian's office in Memphis and proceeded to "serenade" her for a week or two with non-stop Polka favorites.

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
I don't like seeing the words "nude" and "banjo" in the same thread. Gives me the creeps.

Now we know why Roy and Buck were grinnin while pickin

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg you've certainly moved to the right county to see some banjo playing !

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help, Stacy!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post