TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DWLI while on Probation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DWLI while on Probation Login/Join 
posted
Hi. I hav a couple of questions;

Here's my situation: I recently got 2 citations. 1 - Expired Inspection Sticker. 2 - Driving While License Invalid. I'm currently on probation for DWI. I have to have an interlock in my car. However, I don't drive, my girlfriend drives me every where, needless to say I don't have an interlock. Two weeks ago my girlfriend and I got in a verbal fight, so I was out of a ride to work. I decided to drive my car, which has been sitting since my court date back in Mach of '07. The inspection sticker has been out since July of '07. I don't drive it, so I didn't bother to get it inspected.

I called my Probation Officer, he said he had to check on the DWLI. But the fact that I operated a vehicle without the interlock is a violation of probation and requires a sanction, whether it be more community service or a weekend in jail, etc. Now, what I'm wanting to know is; how is the DWLI going to affect my probation. I plan on paying the ticket in full and pleading "No Contest".

Thanks in advanced for any advice. Smile

Posts: 2 | Location: Carrollton, Tx, Dallas | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the TDCAA Bulletin Boards. The discussions in these user forums are for the benefit of prosecutors and their staff members, although we welcome relevant and appropriate input from other members of the criminal justice and government lawyer community. These forums are NOT a source of legal advice for citizens. Call the State Bar of Texas (1-800-204-2222) for information on seeking legal advice.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My fault. I was led here by a search in google. Another good reason as to why assumptions don't pay off.

Sorry.

Posts: 2 | Location: Carrollton, Tx, Dallas | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post