TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Holdover Cells
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holdover Cells Login/Join 
posted
Williamson County recently had a surprise inspection from the Jail Commission Standards that resulted in a reduction in the number of inmates that could be placed in a holdover cell outside the courtroom. The number is ridiculous because it is based on standards written for long-term jail confinement.

Has anyone else had this problem come up in their county? If so, how did you deal with it?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We haven't had that come up yet, but I am curious, what was the ridiculously low number? Roll Eyes Also, do you have to provide them all with something to scratch graffiti on the walls, etc.?

Posts: 83 | Location: Caldwell,Texas,USA | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am just thinking outloud based on my holding cell. Could not an arguement be made that the cell is part of the court and not the jail since it is likely to be in the courthouse. They could not tell the court how many prisoners it can have in the courtroom. just a thought.

Posts: 106 | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming that you weren't directed to place cable tv or playstations in the holding cells so that the unfortunate members of society being deprived of their freedom have something to occupy their time.

I too, am curious about the old capacity/new "improved" capacity.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post