TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Probation Department's Veil of Secrecy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Probation Department's Veil of Secrecy Login/Join 
posted
Our local CSCD has decided that the State is absolutely not allowed to view that department's files unless and until a Motion to Revoke has been filed. They say there is no difference between such a request and a request from a private citizen because "it's a judicial record." I know this is a preposterous position. I know the logistical conundrum this creates. And I know the solution should be to go to the judge to set them straight. But - trust me on this - in this case that just is not going to happen. My ultimate question for this forum is: Is there any other prosecutor's office in Texas that has or has had this problem? Has anyone else even heard of such a thing?

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gosh, PW. Surely you can have a sociable sit-down with the Court over there. [wink, wink]

P.S. Call me if you need someone to make your bond. Roll Eyes

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post