TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Agree to Agree
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Agree to Agree Login/Join 
posted
In one of the stories in the Issues in Prosecution page, the following sentence appears:

"It is unusual for prosecutors and defense attorneys to agree on anything, much less on a recusal, said Sandra Guerra Thompson, a professor at the University of Houston Law Center."

Is that a true statement? Can't we come up with a list of things prosecutors and defense attorneys agree on?

Click here for the full story.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10. "I guess givin' the cop the finger wasn't such a great idea, was it?"
9. (In a related vein) "Okay, so my guy's not a rocket scientist."
8. "Sure, JayZee is dope, but 50 Cent really has his finger on the urban pulse, don't you think?"
7. "So, he blew a .21, huh? You probably won't consider a deadly, will you?"
6. "The jury shouldn't consider my client's 'Eat #@$!' tattoo, but they're probably gonna."
5. "Like you've never mooned a cop before."
4. "That whole DWI surcharge thing makes these cases really suck."
3. "That James Woods is one fine actor in 'Shark,' ain't he?" (Okay, maybe I'm stretching that one a bit.)
2. "You're a Nazi."
1. "I hate the Yankees."

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5) Your probably less concerned about my fee than I am.

4) It would be better if we work this out , who knows what the judge will do.

3) My client was lucky he was arrested by the SO and not DPS or the PD.

2) I don't want to try a case in JP court.

1) It is a bad idea to ever drink and drive. (although perhaps with different rationales)

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We both know my client's a real AS- --le, but....
(that's usually where we split).

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Yep--taking fingerprints off the dope baggie probably would have helped tie it to one of the six persons in the car"

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Neither get paid what they're worth. Wink

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post