TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Stabbing In Alleged Fight Over Wedding Cake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stabbing In Alleged Fight Over Wedding Cake Login/Join 
posted
Witnesses Say Man Was Growing Impatient About Cake Cutting

RAYMOND, Ohio -- A man who was growing impatient about the cake-cutting at a wedding reception allegedly stabbed the bride's father and brother Saturday afternoon.

Eric D. Adams, the bride's stepfather, was taken into custody without incident after the stabbing at the Liberty Township Community Center, according to the Union County Sheriff's Office.

Rick Diamond Sr., 45, was in serious but stable condition at The Ohio State University Medical Center, NBC 4's Erin Tate reported. His son, Rick Diamond Jr., 18, was released from the hospital on Sunday.

"It was beautiful until something happened in the parking lot, and my dad and my brother got stabbed four or five times each," said Lisa Siders, Rick Diamond Sr.'s daughter.

"I came running out and saw my dad, and blood was dripping everywhere," said Jessica Diamond.

After the stabbing, investigators said, Adams, 36, of Plain City, allegedly rammed his car to get out of the community center's parking lot. He drove through grass and away from the reception.

Witnesses saw the car leave the community center and stopped Adams, investigators said. Adams' wife, who is the bride's mother, and an 8-year-old granddaughter were also in the car, Tate reported.

Adams was charged with two counts of felonious assault. Union County prosecutor David Phillips said further charges would be reviewed by a grand jury.

The bride said she would postpone her honeymoon so she could be with her recovering father and brother.

Ummmmm . . . . wow.

Posts: 4 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post