TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Need Central Texas Toxicologist
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Central Texas Toxicologist Login/Join 
posted
I need a witness, I assume a toxicologist, to testify at an MRP hearing regarding how long cocaine metabolite can be detected in urine. In past cases I believe the length of time was from 3 to 5 days, but now that I am in Central Texas I do not have a local witness to contact.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd try a local doc or PA who does drug screening for employers in that area. Also, your nearest DPS Crime Lab might could help also. Good luck!

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our lab director suggested the following:

1. Sheryl Peyton M.S. (fsipey@aol.com) does Toxicology Consulting -researches issues and testifies

2. Brad Hall Ph.D. -Chief Toxicologist, Travis County Medical Examiner -(no idea how much testimony he does outside their casework)

3. James Garriott, Ph.D.--San Antonio

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks! That'll get me going, JA!

I do agree that DPS has some excellent toxicologists, but I need a private one for this case with knowledge and/or experience in the various urine testing methods used by our probation department. I have found some judges prefer private experts over dps when the test kits used by probation departments are involved.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our probation department uses a private lab located immediately north of Dallas. Accu-Chem Laboratories
990 N. Bowser Rd., Suite 800, Richardson, Texas 75081, 972-234-5577, 1-800-451-0116,

www.accuchem.com

They've been in business for over 20 years and we've used them for 10+ years.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post