TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Shannon-Leg update question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shannon-Leg update question Login/Join 
posted
Shannon, just wondering what the status of HB 1503 is?

GG

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like it is resting comfortably in a committee.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It has just been posted for a hearing on Monday, April 16, before the House Committee on Law Enforcement. The hearing time for the committee is 2:00 p.m. (or upon adjournment of the House, -- meaning it won't start until well after 2:00 p.m.) in room E1.014.

Anyone planning to come in for the hearing should plan on getting a hotel room Monday night -- this is the stage of the session when committee hearings may not be over until late, late at night.

If you have further questions about this, contact me directly.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the status on this abortion? (Not that I have any strong feelings about the bill.)

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Passed out of the Senate today. You can track legislation for free at: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/

In the search legislation box at the top of the page, click on the bill number button and put in sb1909 to see legislative actions, votes, text of original bills, witness lists, committee substitutes, engrossed version, or enrolled version, etc. Most of the important stuff is under the actions or text tabs.

Oh, and no one testified against this bill in committe.

[This message was edited by JohnR on 04-17-07 at .]

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I know it is being opposed in the house.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gordon LeMaire:
Thanks for the link. I know it is being opposed in the house.

"Opposed" and "successfully opposed" are two different things. If this is important to you, don't assume someone else will do your heavy lifting for you.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My boss is there.