TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    TDCAA: Rob and company gone wild!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TDCAA: Rob and company gone wild! Login/Join 
posted
Well, I thought the title would get some attention, but this thread is really about kudus for two recent TDCAA events, the Annual Legislative Update and the latest issue of the Texas Prosecutor.

The Leg Update, as always, is outstanding, and I encourage all to attend. Although it is difficult to reduce to a three hour presentation the vast actions of the leg from the past term, as always, the materials, presentation and information is excellent. And themed with great entertainment from video clips. It is obvious that many Tdcaa folks worked long and hard to get that program fine tuned, and it shows.

The latest issue of the Texas Prosecutor is likewise filled with so much information. The article by Morton and Spencer is excellent, as is JB's breakdown of Jessica's Law. The TP is always great, but it just seems this issue brims with useful info.

We are very lucky to have such an energetic and knowledgeable association. After attending prosecution schools in other states over the years, and making friends in many prosecutors offices in many other states, I have found that no other state has such a great resource and association. Many of my out of state prosecutor friends regularly view The Texas Prosecutor online for information and read our forum for insight.

I have had particular mention from an old friend I met 9 years ago at a school at the NAC in Columbia, South Carolina, a homicide prosecutor from Washington state just this past weekend as to how lucky we are to have the TDCAA working for us.

I'm just a regular member here, not a director. But the TDCAA has really been there for me over the past 17 years, and I was just so impressed after seeing the leg update last week I had to post something here.

So be sure to tell the TDCAA staff and employees how much you appreciate them when you see them at the next seminar you attend. They deserve it!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also attended the trial run for the Leg Update, and it was packed. TDCAA's reputation for good summaries of new laws is growing. The room held a great mix of prosecutors, defense attorneys and judges (even a couple from the Court of Criminal Appeals). That sort of show-up is the ultimate compliment, as it means that people across our business trust TDCAA to tell it like it is.

Even more amazing, perhaps, is the availability of the book on the Leg Update. No one else provides such a timely publication.

Soon to follow will be the new PC and CCP, along with an updated QuickLaw (the one page summary of sentencing laws). Diane Beckham gets credit for the quick turnover of those publication.

So, when you wonder what happens with your dues, there it is.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me add that I just received my CD of the prosecutors phone book. I have always coveted this book as a way to reach our colleagues quickly and now it is on a portable disk. Great job!

Posts: 47 | Location: BASTROP, TEXAS, USA | Registered: January 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who do I have to beg to get the new version of the prosecutor directory? My most recent version is from 2003-2005 and I know we've had a lot of changes since then (especially here in North Texas).

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Swain:
Who do I have to beg to get the new version of the prosecutor directory? My most recent version is from 2003-2005 and I know we've had a lot of changes since then (especially here in North Texas).

Jeff: Walk two doors down the hall and you can use mine. LOL.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post