TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Motion to Decapitate
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motion to Decapitate Login/Join 
posted
Now that I have your attention, the police have come to me with an interesting problem. We had a body dumped in the county back in the Spring. It was in the water and identification has been a problem. Prints and DNA have turned up nothing. Nor have calls to the Mexican consulate. We have someone in Austin who is willing to do a reconstruction so we can circulate a drawing or picture of a sculpture, but she only wants the head. The Medical Examiner who still has custody of the body is loathe to separate the head without a court order. To further complicate matters the reconstructionist wants the head devoid of tissue.

So now I have a judge who is not real willing to make headlines for ordering the removal of the head of someone's loved one. He can further imagine the story of how the head was boiled up to remove bits of stuff.

I think it is part of a potential crime scene and should be worked as such, but I am open to suggestions.

So let the wise cracks commence...

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a solution to the legal aspects but you may try this (assuming the deceased is a Mexican national):

http://www.reunitingfamilies.org/

Dr. Lori Baker from Baylor University has had some success in this area.

Posts: 10 | Registered: December 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Su Knight, employed in my office, does this sort of stuff for a living. I recommend giving her a call for advice.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm first with the wisecracks. But you got me because I was hoping to use the motion on some local bar folks. Imagine my chagrin.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post