TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Old Dogs and New Tricks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Dogs and New Tricks Login/Join 
posted
Hello! I have been practicing law for about 8 years now, and have recently taken a job prosecuting felony drug crimes in south texas. The office is small and they have no real training manuals. Does anyone have any sample voir dire and any other material to aid in the prosecution of drug crimes?

Thanks,

David Stith

Posts: 1 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The American Prosecutors Research Institute has (or had) some good voir dire materials which were free. I got some good voir dire from them on family violence. You could access by www.apri. You could also contact the people who put on the prosecutor training for the NDAA...it's at the Univ of South Carolina (sorry, I can't recall the actual name), and ask for materials on the system of voir dire they are encouraging. I'm writing this at home...hopefully someone will come up with the correct name).

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the address:

National College of District Attorneys
National Advocacy Center
1600 Hampton Street, STE 414
Columbia, SC 29208

Tel: 803-544-5096
Fax: 803-544-5099

Ask for the cross-exam materials from the Cross Exam course.

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call Wes Wittig at Fort Bend County 281-341-4460 and leave him a voice mail. He's a great guy and I'm sure would help you with voir dire, predicates, etc.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You should seriously consider attending our next Prosecutor Trial Skills Course in July 2006 in Austin -- it will arm you with lots of useful knowledge and tips for the courtroom from some of the best prosecutors in Texas.

For more information, keep checking for updates on the "Seminars" tab at the top of this webpage.

Best of luck!

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post