TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    From the Bottom of my Heart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From the Bottom of my Heart Login/Join 
posted
When you have been doing this line of work for 30 years (24 as a prosecutor), you get to a point where you have forgotten more law than you currently know. You also realize that time marches on, and you'd better be learning something new every day.

This forum has always served me as an invaluable tool, not only to stay abreast of current law, but it has also been a rich source of ideas on dealing with the defense, judges, and for general trial strategy.

The questions that are asked may seem routine at times, but the novel approach taken to address issues in this forum adds ammo to my belt.

I once had a defense counsel tell me that I had the heart of a child - in a jar sitting on my desk. A plastic replica of that was presented to me in public fto show his appreciation for my efforts.

From the bottom of this child's heart, thank you to all who have contributed over the years to this forum. I have always said that Texas prosecutors may be tough, but we ain't stupid. TDCAA is the biggest reason why, and this forum is an integral part of the Association.

So, whether you are just asking the questions or you are answering the challenges posed, keep up the great work.

Wishing everyone a Happy Hanukkha, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (or whatever holiday you may celebrate), I remain

An Avid Fan

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks!!

I, however, celebrate Festivus. I especially look forward to the "airing of grievances" portion of the holiday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope you have it embroidered on your yamulke!

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I echo your sentiments. There is no way I could make it as a sole practitioner in the realm of government law without this happy band...

Lisa L. Peterson
Nolan County Attorney

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post